Winter edition of Forward out now!
Welcome to our new look, bright and shiny, winter issue of Forward!
The magazine has had a spruce up just in time for the festive season and we hope you’ll love its gorgeous contemporary design as much as we do. As always, you’ll find a mix of the latest news, research, advice, and real-life stories from across our community.
Dancing takes centre stage as our support network volunteer Peta Barratt shares why wheelchair dance brings her so much joy – find out how you can get involved.
Britain’s Got Talent stuntman Jonathan Goodwin and actor Amanda Abbington sit down for an exclusive interview to discuss their new roles as our ambassadors.
Real-life stories: Meet Efena Otobo who looks at the experience of Christmas following a spinal cord injury (SCI), and Stephen Lightbown, SCI poet, yogi and surfer, as he shares how pursuing his interests has changed his relationship with his SCI.
With campaigns at the heart of our new strategy, we’re delighted to introduce Dharshana Sridhar and Glyn Hayes the brilliant new people behind our campaigns team.
Also in this issue:
- Find out what you can be doing to plan ahead as we look at the road to retirement
- Find out how looking after your gut health could help your SCI symptoms
- Get involved in our incredible Big Give Christmas Challenge where your donations are doubled to make an even greater impact on the lives of people with spinal cord injuries
- Find out what our staff have got planned in 2024 as they share their new year’s resolutions
- Our #EverydayMountains competition was a huge success. Discover what some winners did with their prizes
- Check out our travel guide with Stephen Brookes’ review from his recent family holiday to Tenerife
- We’ve got all the latest news from across our organisation plus the regular comedy, recipes and updates
Please get in touch to share story ideas or just to let us know what you think of the magazine, by emailing us at [email protected]