The August issue of FORWARD is out now
When people hear the phrase ‘virtual reality’, it’s often associated with gaming and simulated experiences. However, it’s increasingly being used as a therapy treatment in mental health, and complex neurological and physical rehabilitation. In the August issue of FORWARD, you can read about The Astonishing Visit – a concept to connect the less mobile to both people and places they love through virtual visits. If you’d like to get involved in a pilot programme currently being carried out by The Astonishing Visit, you will find the contact details within the article.
You can also read about:
- Planning and considerations for ageing with SCI
- East Midlands Airport’s ‘try before you fly’ experience
- Travelling abroad with your PA
- Learning the art of bowls
- Car adaptations
- Team BRIT’s new racing academy for disabled drivers
- Going off-road and exploring the great outdoors in a Tramper.