Next meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on SCI
The next virtual meeting of the ‘All Party Parliamentary Group on spinal cord injury’ is on Wednesday 13 July 2022 at 3pm – please invite your MP to attend.
The meeting will give attendees the opportunity to hear about the latest issues and developments facing the spinal cord injured community, including details of the recently published report from the Migration Advisory Committee on the impact of the ending of free movement on the care sector, and also the outcomes of SIA’s ‘What Matters?’ survey into the key issues that matter the most to the SCI community. Laura Hagan, Housing Manager at Aspire, will also be giving a presentation about the current situation for accessible housing and SCI people, as well as highlighting the services Aspire provide and how they support SCI people.
Getting MPs to attend the meetings and understand the issues facing SCI people is vitally important and a really easy way to support our campaigns team. You just need to email your MP to ask them to attend the next meeting, and in doing so demonstrate their support for the 50,000 people in the UK living with a spinal cord injury, as well as the six people who sustain a life-changing spinal cord injury in the UK every day.
Emailing your MP is very easy – just follow the steps below
- Go to www.writetothem.com and enter your postcode.
- Scroll down to find ‘Your MP’ and click on their name.
- Download our suggested template letter copy the content and paste it into the message box. Edit it to include brief details of any relevant personal experience of SCI.
- Add your address details, so they know you’re in their constituency and check your email address is right so you can see their reply. Then preview the message to make sure it’s correct, and send.
- When you send your letter, and receive a reply, please copy in [email protected] so we can track progress and follow up with the MPs direct.
Thanks so much for your support.