Spring has sprung!
Our fabulous new issue of FORWARD will be springing its way to your door any day now and what an issue it is!
Packed full of information on events, research, news, health and more, it’s bursting at the seams with stories you’ll love.
Knowing how important care work is to our community, we round up what the government is doing to combat the care crisis in our country. We share what a typical day of care looks like for one couple and learn how SIA are pushing for ground-breaking changes in care for our community.
We also explore your pain, delving into the causes of it and looking at ways to bring some relief, including managing your environment, the immense power of your mind and news on an implant trial.
You can also enjoy our very ‘fruity’ nine-page feature on sex and relationships. We answer your questions about sex after a SCI and share lots of advice on how to love your body and get to know what your body loves! We hear intimate stories from our community as well as getting expert advice from psychosexual therapist Michelle Donald.
And as if all of that wasn’t enough, you can also read about:
- information on workplace rights
- one woman’s story of grief for missed milestones following her SCI
- new research on tailored rehabilitation techniques
- how a mum was motivated to design fashionable and functional clothing following her son’s injury
- LGBTQ+ and SCI – being a minority within a minority
- accessible transport
- gorgeous light spring recipes from our 2 SCI chefs - the chocolate mousse is not to be missed!
Until next time…
Make sure of your copy: