June issue of FORWARD
The latest issue of FORWARD provides a wealth of articles including ‘Push: my father, Polio and me’, a thought-provoking review of Sarah Passingham’s biography of her father, a former SIA member, and several articles from current members on setting and achieving goals.
To mark Father’s Day on 21 June, we asked two dads to give some insights into parenting post-SCI and we’ve included information about male fertility following spinal cord injury.
We also update you in this issue on our coronavirus response: how we’re still here to support you remotely with information, advocacy and all our services. We’ve also collated advice from experts on how to protect yourself, keep physically active and look after your mental wellbeing during lockdown and beyond.
You can also read about:
- Peter Lau’s experience of rediscovering the stunning Shetland Islands after sustaining an SCI
- An SCI Nurse Specialist’s typical day during lockdown
- Important health checks for men ageing with SCI
- Relationship advice from Psychosexual Therapist Michelle Donald
- Research physiologist Jennifer Maher’s tips for staying active at home.